Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas Program Mural: Art Club

Tomorrow is our annual PreK-4th grade Christmas program.  A few gung-ho teachers get together each year and coordinate a cute little Christmas program with a little bit of acting from the 4th graders and singing by the other grades.  I haven't had much to do with the acting part, but the scenery is another story!  I drew out the scene and had my art club kids paint the backdrop.  It took us two after school days (of about one hour) to paint this, and then I did some touch up and added the black lines to the house today.  Here's our backdrop!  More pictures to come from the performance!


 From the first day of painting...we painted the sky blue with some violet...and started the house...

Somewhere along the way, I lost the pictures I took on the second day...so these are from today!

On the second day, we finished the house, the snow and added the trees.


Today I added the black lines on the house and touched up a few spots here and there...

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your murals! They are so inspiring. I was told today that I have a nice chunk of $ to do a mural in one of my schools, so thanks for posting these. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! I think mural painting is one of the best art experiences ever for kids! I went to school in the Buffalo, NY area and every year the independent study students got to plan out and paint a mural in the school every year. I love that I was able to sway my school to let me do it with my own elementary students. I'm hoping that next year I will be able to get approval to have each art club member who makes it to to the end of the year, paint a mini mural on their own brick outside the art room!

      Delete
    2. That's a cool idea! Good luck!!

      Delete