Wednesday, March 6, 2013

YAM Spirit Week: Tuesday and Wednesday

To continue my spirit week photos, Tuesday was secondary color day...



I had to buy green pants just to pull off this dress-up day!  

And today was complementary colors day.  The students did pretty well picking out outfits for today!  


I wore a yellow shirt with a purple sweater....and these awesome shoes that have complementary colors on them!  Blue and orange!

Tonight was also parent-teacher conferences.  We had early dismissal at 11:30 for teachers and students, and then teachers had to be at school from 3:30-7:30.  While I didn't have any specific conferences, I invited the random students who were wandering the hallways to paint on our bottle cap mural.  On a high note, what few parents I did talk to told me that they were loving the dress up days and their kids were having fun with them!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE the idea of having a spirit week for YAM! I may have to pair up with our music teacher and try to pull this off this month! Great idea!

    I also like the idea of having something for the kids to do during PT conferences. It gets a little lonely in here sometimes. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking that from now on, I might have an art activity on those nights just so I don't die from boredom! I'm actually thinking that next March, I might do my YAM Art Night the same night as the conferences so that I can get more parents and their kids to come in and participate in some activities. I want to set up stations around the gym and invite them to come, check it out, and make some art as a family.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. We used acrylic paint...just the regular in-class stuff, not the mural acrylic paint.

      Delete